Reports to: CEO
Agreement: Initially flexible or full time
Direct reports: TBC
Key relationships: Senior Management, Board of Directors, Third party accounting, Finance operations
Onside is building a realtime network of movements among rural properties to revolutionise biosecurity. We do this through our digital check-in software, connecting rural people, streamlining operations and protecting businesses. Today, Onside is used by over 30,000 people on over 13,000 properties across New Zealand, Australia and the UK and has mapped over 1m movements. Onside is backed by both private and public investors including K1W1, Icehouse Ventures and NZ Growth Capital Partners. The business is rapidly scaling and on the hunt for great people to power our global expansion.
About the role
Lead the Onside finance and commercial functions to allow the business to scale globally effectively and efficiently. This role is part of the senior leadership team at Onside and ideally becomes our CFO as the business scales.
- Capital plan executed to provide required funding for growth
- System and processes to allow business to scale
- Timely and accurate reporting
- Effective resource allocation and investment decisions
- Strong culture of financial ownership across the business
- Produce monthly management financial reporting and variance commentary – P&L, Cash Flow and Balance Sheet
- Work with external accounting and tax advisors to produce Annual Financial Statements (unaudited)
- Cost centre reporting for each functional area
- Sales commissions for sign off by sales
- Board reporting on a monthly basis
- Shareholder reporting on a quarterly basis
- Manage payroll and remuneration processes
- Ensure GST and PAYE is processed accurately and in a timely way
- R&D Tax Loss application
- RDTI application
- Claims from grant providers – NZTE, SFFF, SA Govt
- Coordinate applications for new grants – NZTE
- Companies office reporting
Systems & Processes
- Develop reporting system and process strategic plan
- Implement new financial reporting systems as required
- Manage billing and payment platforms
- Lead annual budgeting process
- Lead quarterly forecasting for YTG financial year
- Manage longer term forecasting process – five year
- Work with senior team on business cases for new expenditure/projects
- Review key customer contracts
- Work with team on business model development and pricing changes
- Review and negotiate key supplier agreements with input from the senior team
- Work with the Board to develop a capital plan to ensure business has adequate funding
- Input into presentations and pitch decks
- Lead due diligence process
- Work with legal advisors on documentation
- Engage with investors/shareholders
- Manage capitalisation table
Skills and experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification in accounting
- 10+ years finance experience
- Experience in a SaaS company ideal
- Proficient in all the tools of the trade
- Team player and self-starter who takes initiative to effect change and help drive the business forward.
Fit with Onside’s culture and values
Customer’s rule – Without our customers, there’s no Onside. We know to be successful; we need to make them successful.
Need for speed – We go fast and meet our audacious goals.
Innovate to win – We take on any challenge and back each other to find amazing solutions.
Better together – We believe in the power of connections. Sharing information and working together makes everything better.
Simple is cool – We do the legwork to make complex things simple. We strive for simplicity in both our product and our company.
Act like an owner – Every dollar counts, and we treat it like our own. Profitability helps us change the world.
How to apply
If this role sounds like you, get in touch with Ryan on +64 27 526 1829 or email [email protected]
WE ARE ONLY ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FROM NZ RESIDENTS / CITIZENS