We take your privacy seriously. Onside Limited (Onside, we, us or our) provides an online rural site management system and apps (together, the Onside Platform), as further described on our website.
This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the NZ Privacy Act or other appliable privacy and data protection laws.
Last updated 17 March 2021
We collect, hold and process two categories of personal information:
Account and Marketing Data
“Account and Marketing Data” is personal information that we collect about you:
- if you ask to receive information about us or the Onside Platform
- when you sign up to or access or use the Onside Platform
- in connection with the creation or administration of a user or customer account for the Onside Platform
- when you contact us directly (e.g. telephone call, website enquiry form or chat service, email or through our social media channels) or visit our website.
“Platform Data” is personal information that a user of the Onside Platform (Platform User) enters into, uploads to, or stores, collects or processes using the Onside Platform, e.g. contact details when checking in to a site, check-in times and locations, property addresses, details of site hazards and incidents.
By accessing or using the Onside Platform, you become part of a community of users (“Onside Community”).
4. What personal information we collect and how we collect it
We may collect and hold personal information about you from the following sources:
- you, if you contact us directly (e.g. telephone call, website enquiry form or chat service, email or through our social media channels) or visit our website
- you, by filling in the registration form when you sign up to the Onside Platform;
- indirectly, through your use of the Onside Platform, including by automated technologies and interactions;
- through your interactions with us, such as by telephone or email;
- through cookies (see section 4 below); and
- provided by third parties authorised by you.
In order to use the Onside Platform, all Platform Users will need to submit certain personal information including their email address, name, address, telephone number and certain company information. You may be asked to submit further information from time to time as you continue to use the Onside Platform.
We may also collect aggregate technical information, which tracks traffic to our website and the Onside Platform and includes, but is not limited to, your device identifier, server address, IP address, domain (whether you are accessing our website or the Onside Platform from New Zealand or elsewhere), the application platform you are using, browsers used when accessing our website or the Onside Platform (including version), users’ search terms, pages accessed on our website or the Onside Platform, links that are clicked on, date and time of website or Onside Platform visits, users’ operating systems, and any other such technical information relating to your use of our website or the Onside Platform.
Failure to provide necessary personal information when requested may result in us being unable to respond to you or, if you are a Platform User, certain services on the Onside Platform not being available to you or a loss of some functionality.
- personalise your visits to our website or the Onside Platform;
- enable us to improve the content, reliability and functionality of our website or the Onside Platform;
- enable you to use certain services or functionality;
- evaluate the effectiveness of the advertising on our website or the Onside Platform;
- track website usage patterns; and
- to optimise our advertising
We use third parties and third-party cookies to advertise on third party websites, monitor advertising performance and collect information about your visits to other digital platforms. These third parties include advertising and tracking companies such as Google, Facebook and LinkedIn. For example, they may collect information on pages you’ve browsed, your type of browser, your time and date of visit and how you interacted with our website.
Accepting a cookie will not give us access to any data on your computer other than the data stored in the cookie. Although you may configure your web browser to not accept cookies, you may experience a loss of functionality as a result.
6. Use of information and data
The personal information that you provide will only be used for the following purposes:
- in connection with the services offered by Onside, including:
- to enable you to access and use the Onside Platform;
- to communicate with you in relation to your use of and access to the Onside Platform;
- to send periodic emails you have subscribed to through your nominated email address or mobile text messages;
- to market our services and products to you, including contacting you through your nominated email address or mobile text messages; and/or
- to monitor, develop and improve the Onside Platform and ensure that content on the Onside Platform is relevant, of interest to you and presented in the most effective manner for you;
- to provide services to the Onside Community. You acknowledge that the Onside Community benefits from pooled information collected via the Onside Platform. You will have access to that pooled information where it relates to you and Platform Data that you enter into or upload to the Onside Platform will become part of that pool. If you cease using the Onside Platform, then we will no longer collect Platform Data from you. Historical Platform Data will continue to be held by Onside where it also relates to other active members of the Onside Community;
- to undertake credit checks of you (if necessary);
- to bill you and to collect money that you owe us, including authorising and processing credit card transactions;
- to respond to communications from you, including a complaint;
- to conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis);
- to comply with our legal obligations;
- to protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim; and/or
- for any other purposes authorised by you, the NZ Privacy Act or other applicable privacy and data protection laws.
We use a third-party service provider to process credit card transactions. We do not have access to your credit card information.
We may transfer your information in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
We may de-identify or anonymise your personal information so that you are not identified as an individual, and provide that information to third parties. We may also provide aggregate usage information to third parties, who may use such information to understand how often and in what ways people use the Onside Platform. However, we never disclose aggregate usage or anonymised information to any third party in a way that would identify you as an individual person. We also ask any recipient not to seek to reidentify individuals from data we provide.
7. Disclosure of information
Onside will not disclose any of your personal information to any third party other than as set out below.
- Where the disclosure relates to the purposes for which the information was collected (as stated in section 5 above).
- Where our third-party service providers who provide hosting, maintenance, backup, storage, infrastructure, payment processing, logistics and delivery, analysis, marketing and other services for us need to access information about you to perform services on our behalf. In such circumstances they do so under instruction from us, including requirements to abide by policies and procedures designed to protect your information. Some of these service providers may be located in countries other than yours or ours.
- Where the information is anonymised statistical information.
- Where we believe that sharing your personal information is reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, including to meet national security requirements, and our service providers may also do this;
- Where we believe that the disclosure of the information is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious threat to:
- public health or public safety; or
- your life or health or the life or health of another individual; or
- To the purchaser of our business in the case of a sale, merger, consolidation, liquidation, reorganisation or acquisition.
- As otherwise expressly permitted by you, the NZ Privacy Act or other applicable privacy and data protection laws.
If you are a Platform User, Platform Data about you may be shared as set out below. By accessing or using the Onside Platform, you consent to this:
- Your name may be shared with other members of the Onside Community.
- If you are onsite on a property, your phone number and the name of your employer or, if you are a contractor, the company to whom you contract (Principal) may be shared with the property owner and with other Platform Users who are onsite at the same time.
- If you are a property owner or manager, Platform Data about your property may be shared with Platform Users who are onsite on your property and their employers or Principals.
- If you choose to connect with another Platform User through the Onside Platform, your email address, phone number and the name of your employer or Principal may be shared with that other Platform User.
- If you use the chat message functionality within the Onside Platform, the information you share via the chat message will be shared with the person with whom you are chatting.
- If you have been invited to use the Onside Platform by your employer or Principal, Platform Data about you may be accessible to that employer or Principal. For details of what Platform Data that employer or Principal collects and uses and how they use that Platform Data, please contact your employer or Principal.
- Property addresses and anonymised information relating to property check-ins may be shared with relevant industry bodies and agencies for bio-security purposes.
8. Access to and updates of information
You may request at any time to see the personal information about you that Onside holds or to request that we correct or update any such personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
In respect of a request for correction, if we think the correction is reasonable and we are reasonably able to change the personal information, we will make the correction. If we do not make the correction, we will take reasonable steps to note on the personal information that you requested the correction.
If you want to exercise either of the above rights, please email Onside at [email protected]
Your email should provide evidence of who you are and set out the details of your request (e.g. the personal information, or the correction, that you are requesting).
Onside sends to you via email (and in some cases inside the Onside Platform messaging service) billing information, product information, newsletters, notifications and marketing emails to which you have subscribed. Where appropriate, e-mail or in-platform communication will contain instructions describing how you can opt to be removed from the mailing list. If you opt-out of receiving marketing-related emails from us, we may still send you billing information and important administrative messages if you use the Onside Platform.
10. Storage of information
Onside will securely store your personal information either in New Zealand or any other country that Onside may select from time to time to provide its services. We strive to protect your personal information from unauthorised disclosure or access, including through the use of network and database security measures, but cannot guarantee the security of any data we collect and store.
You must prevent unauthorised access to your account and personal information by selecting a strong password and protecting your password or other sign-on mechanism appropriately and limiting access to your computer or device and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account.
The personal information that we collect and use will not be kept longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is collected, or for the duration required for compliance with applicable law, whichever is longer. If you are a Platform User, Onside may hold your personal information both before and after the cancellation of your account, but only for as long as Onside is lawfully entitled to do so.
We may also retain de-identified information.
12. Links to other websites
Where our website or the Onside Platform provides links to other websites, We are not responsible for the data protection/privacy/cookie usage policies of these other websites, and you should check the privacy policies on the other websites. If you use one of these links to leave our website or the Onside Platform, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website.
Last updated 17 March 2021