Reports to: CEO
Agreement: Permanent, Full-Time
Direct reports: TBC
Key relationships: Senior Team, Product Team and the Board of Directors
Onside is building a realtime network of movements among rural properties to revolutionise biosecurity. We do this through our digital check-in software, connecting rural people, streamlining operations and protecting businesses. Today, Onside is used by over 30,000 people on over 13,000 properties across New Zealand, Australia and the UK and has mapped over 1m movements. Onside is backed by both private and public investors including K1W1, Icehouse Ventures and NZ Growth Capital Partners. The business is rapidly scaling and on the hunt for great people to power our global expansion.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced business development professional with a strong science background to develop Onside’s data business, Onside Intelligence (OSI). OSI is a product that delivers biosecurity readiness, response, and operations to government, industries or large businesses in the primary sector. The product uses Onside’s digital check-in platform to collect data that can be used to construct a network of properties and movements responsible for the spread of pests and disease. OSI has received innovation funding from the NZ government, commercial funding through research projects, received the 2020 biosecurity award and is gaining traction in the market. The purpose of this role is to lead the commercial and technical development of OSI through to becoming a core Onside product offering.
Skills and experience
- 10+ years in leadership roles responsible for business development
- Experience working with industry organisations or government
- Bachelors or more advanced degree in science
- Experience leading 10+ people in distributed teams
- Proven track record of developing business through new product development, marketing, branding, and partnerships.
- Ability to build out revenue forecasts and budgets
- Proven experience developing and executing business strategy
- Significant general management and P&L experience
- Ability to craft and execute a business strategy
- Track record of decision-making based on business metrics
- Inspirational leadership style and hands-on approach
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Excellent listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
Fit with Onside’s culture and values
Customer’s rule – Without our customers, there’s no Onside. We know to be successful; we need to make them successful.
Need for speed – We go fast and meet our audacious goals.
Innovate to win – We take on any challenge and back each other to find amazing solutions.
Better together – We believe in the power of connections. Sharing information and working together makes everything better.
Simple is cool – We do the legwork to make complex things simple. We strive for simplicity in both our product and our company.
Act like an owner – Every dollar counts, and we treat it like our own. Profitability helps us change the world.
How to apply
If this role sounds like you, get in touch with Ryan on +64 27 526 1829 or email [email protected]